Hard disks, solid state drives

HDD, SSDForum → HDD lives its own life, the broken sectors are decreasing then increasing

HDD lives its own life, the broken sectors are decreasing then increasing

Pages: 1
28.04.2017 12:29:00
Good day to all.

I have a hard drive of 2TB Samsung HD204Ui. Until recently, he used it as a spare, and very very rarely.
A couple of weeks ago I put it in my HTPC, at first I worked without complaints. I threw a couple of films on him, ran one of them (the movie), looked a bit and the system hung. I reloaded, I did not understand right away, because I wanted to sit and watch a movie. . . relax. As a result, I included the movie from another HDD.
On the next day I decided to throw some more films on it, the first one was spilled, on the second there was a hang of this disk. In general, the film on him to throw is no longer possible. I launched CrystalDiskinfo, which showed that there are broken sectors. At the beginning it showed 14. More interesting. When I enter my computer, I go to this disk, I go to a folder where files / movies are stored. And then he starts to think a long time and open this pack with files for a long time. When you start HDDScan and select this disk for viewing SMART also thinks first, then shows SMART and that there are broken sectors.
I tried to run Check Disk, the test runs without errors, writes that the disk is OK. After that, I looked again SMART-the number of broken secrets decreased to 2. I ran the test with the option " Correkt errors " And almost immediately the program freezes and the test does not pass. After that, the number of broken sectors increased immediately to 114.

I decided to check out Viktoria. By the way in it SMART shows in general that the broken sectors about 200. The test ran in the mode Read + Remap. In the beginning, everything goes well, something that corrects. But as soon as it reaches 2, 7%, so start popping errors - Remap. . . . . Error and the test again hangs. I rebooted the computer, I ditched CrystalDisk - the errors again decreased to 28. The disk still thinks a very long time when opening the folders on it. Movies from this disc do not start at all. Today I started CrystalDisk again - there are already more than 200 errors. The screen was attached below.

Maybe someone has experienced this? Is it possible to revive this disk as such? Help please advice. Many thanks.

Shl: in the HDDScan the test also does not go, hangs by 10% and hangs

ZYY: Oh, I forgot to write. There are 4 more such disks in the system. One of them also has broken sectors. It happened after turning off the computer and did not turn on a couple of weeks (they were going on vacation). Then at startup the computer did not want to turn on for a long time. The number of broken sectors will decrease, it will increase. And I noticed that with this drive the system installed on the SSD is loaded for a very long time. Tried to disable it, all the rules, load quickly. Drove the test Viktoria, the number of broken sectors decreased and the boot system also became fast with him. But it did not last long. Now again again, and the number of broken sectors again increased sharply. . . But from this disc movies are launched and when you enter any folder on this disk, everything opens quickly.
28.04.2017 12:31:00
Here is the screen
28.04.2017 12:50:00
quote:
but only comes to 2, 7% since start popping up error
There is a possibility that one of the screw die heads.
And according to the zone distribution, the LBA on it
starts at this location.
You need to completely drive the disc.
And yes, there are already remapped sectors on it.

Quote:
The number of broken sectors will decrease, it will increase.
It can not decrease.
It is reassigned and hidden from sight
28.04.2017 12:58:00

You need to completely drive the disc.

how can this be done? Tell me please. Too, through Viktoria?

There is a possibility that one of the heads died in the screw. What can this be related to? In the future, how can this be avoided? It turns out all to him, it's time to landfill?

How can I extract files from it? I tried to throw it on another disc, but it does not go. . . . Long thinks then writes type failed. . . There are, in principle, a few files - a few movies, 6 pieces, so they do not swing again))
28.04.2017 14:31:00
Just appeared pending, try to cure HDSentinel in Read + Write + Read mode.
28.04.2017 14:41:00
28.04.2017 18:57:00

beaten the sector reduced the increase
1. Clean the contacts
(2nd paragraph)
2. Erase
Windows 7 disc and up to 2 stages with a reboot (first minute, then completely) system has 4 more such disc

By the way, are the discs stitched? Ttp: // forum.
. Ixbt. Com / topic. Cgi? Id = 11: 42704: 1168 # 1168
ttp: // forum. Ixbt. Com / topic. Cgi? Id = 11: 42704: 775 # 775
30.04.2017 12:29:00
03.05.2017 14:13:00
I scanned this disk in HDSentinel mode Read + Write + Read. As a result, SMART got worse status changed from " Anxiety " On " Bad " . I attach the screenshots below. Who and what can tell you more? Someone faced with this?
03.05.2017 18:55:00

This is because of the frequent encounter with C5 - Current Pending Sector Count . You can reset it in ESwin, so that ugly values do not get on your eyes, but the disc will not be better from this. SAMSUNG drives, it does not reassign sectors, C5 shows that the disk comes to the northern animal, alas, but it is very close!
03.05.2017 20:07:00
This is sad ((((

with which it may be related to the PSU or something else? I most likely screwed up the disc on my own-turned off the PC incorrectly, but I do not remember the second disk (for which all these screens are higher) , So that something goes wrong.
03.05.2017 20:27:00
What is the reason for this?
With BP or something else?
The fate of the specimen, which is unique and influenced by a host of different events. Shutdown " Forced " I do not think, somehow influenced. & Quot; Maktub - so it is intended " .
03.05.2017 20:27:00

you wrote:
how can you extract files from it? I tried to throw it on another disc, but it does not go. . . . Long thinks then writes type failed. . . There are in principle a few files - a few movies-6 pieces, so they do not download again))
I'll try to restore your movies for free. But instead make an analysis of the status of your disk with this program:
http: // www. Antivirus. Com / FomsoftDiskAnalyzer. Html
Specify to it this disk as a physical (number). At the end, the program will send me diagnostic files to the server. Additionally, pass me the error log - FomsoftDiskAnalyzer. Txt.
Thank you in advance for the result of the scan. I need it to work out algorithms for handling faulty situations and hangs when working with bad drives!
Pages: 1
HDD, SSDForum → HDD lives its own life, the broken sectors are decreasing then increasing

HDD lives its own life, the broken sectors are decreasing then increasing

info@www.hdd-and-ssd.com