Hard disks, solid state drives

HDD, SSDForum → Need help choosing e-SATA - & gt; USB3 adapter (port multiplier support)

Need help choosing e-SATA - & gt; USB3 adapter (port multiplier support)

Pages: 1
14.08.2016 20:34:00
Hello - recently acquired an external HDD box 4 of Agestar (3C4B3A) based on the JMicron JMB934 + JMS539 (eSATA + USB3). Since the possibility of built-in hardware RAID somehow not very impressed about the performance, he decided to use it simply as a port multiplier via USB3 (alas, e-SATA on the motherboard was not true, t. E. Without the support port multiplier), and here I expecting trick - because of buggy firmware SATA-USB bridge computer occasionally "lose" wheels and, as I naguglit for various Western forums, this common disease most external boxes made based on this chipset.

unsuccessfully having tried various versions of firmware in the end decided to try a variant with an adapter for sane chip, and therefore, actually seek the advice - do not tell anyone a couple of adapters with e-SATA to USB3 is, who are guaranteed to have the support port multiplier? Just where I just did not look - clear information about this no. Thank you in advance.
Pages: 1
HDD, SSDForum → Need help choosing e-SATA - & gt; USB3 adapter (port multiplier support)

Need help choosing e-SATA - & gt; USB3 adapter (port multiplier support)