Hard disks, solid state drives

HDD, SSDForum → OCZ SSD Vertex massive failures.

OCZ SSD Vertex massive failures.

Pages: 1
17.11.2013 13:01:00
We have given up just 4 drive in BIOS are not detected.
please contact the service support.
responding, guarantee case, please send us your drive under warranty exchange.

Confuses that the site OCZ such cases too much and few of those who took advantage of this service,
for the reason that the shipment in the Netherlands is almost as good as new capacity of 128 MB ROM, it is such drives we stood.

Maybe someone already changed the SSD this company in Russia, and that as the country recognizes the warranty case but Russia
yet we do not want to change, 1 year warranty which just ended so the service is sent directly to the manufacturer.

Maybe there are representatives of the company who themselves send data storage manufacturer in Russia?

like to use an SSD servers everywhere it is written that if the drives die they cease to burn
but you can read the information, and then the information is not available at all, just normal work, and the next time you turn on
BIOS ROM does not define.
Different drives have failed within a month.

most unpleasant thing that all these SSD we used to backup important information,
their resources to develop well, not like they could not, for a maximum of 800 gigabytes has been recorded in total for each drive.
17.11.2013 13:54:00
And what Vertex "s?
And yes, the SSD from OCZ is often problematic
17.11.2013 14:22:00

most unpleasant thing that all these SSD we used to backup important information

And what do you want now? Buy for important information OCZ, and even with 1 year warranty - it's cool. There is a theme with a discussion of OCZ, there may answer your question. At other times it is necessary to select the SSD circumspect.
17.11.2013 15:50:00
quote:
:
Vertex And what "s
And yes, the SSD from OCZ often problematic
3 pieces Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G
2 pieces Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G
first flew all Vertex 2, then? Vertex 3.
I do not understand the reason deconfinement, no viruses, no load.
More are 8 SSD CSSD-P128GBP-BK 128 GB, load much more but for now none left.
We think what to do, whether to replace all the usual HDD whether another company to take.

I'm more interested in how do I replace the SSD, because the company recognizes its jamb,
want to send all at once but they require each pack and ship separately.
And it is not profitable.

Two hours ago, I flew another drive, a total of 5 discs.
17.11.2013 19:43:00

Maybe someone already changed the SSD this company in Russia, and that as the country recognizes the warranty case but Russia
yet we do not want to change, 1 year warranty which just ended so the service is sent directly to the manufacturer.

I just flew Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G, ceased to be determined, but I am a physicist and I had a guarantee from the store 3, immediately after the test was replaced by the same. I'm afraid, in your situation, replace the screws out, only sending them to Holland.

As for SSD use in servers and guarantee: many manufacturers, the small print at the bottom, are of registry - Warranty for N years or till 30-40-50 written Terabytes - whichever comes first. OCZ applies to them.
17.11.2013 23:56:00

Confuses that the site OCZ such cases too much and few of those who took advantage of this service,
for the reason that the shipment in the Netherlands is almost as good as new capacity of 128 MB ROM, it is such drives we stood.

Delivery of Defense in the Netherlands - 450 rubles.
Russian Post.
Sent in July departed its first SSD (OCZ). Instead, less than a month, the other sent. Now the drive is already alarming. . .
18.11.2013 14:00:00

whether to replace all conventional HDD whether another company to take.
And what is the meaning of a backup on the SSD? Expensive though. Or are there any nuances?
with Intel we do not have problems.
18.11.2013 23:14:00
quote:
:
And what is the meaning of a backup on the SSD? Expensive though. Or are there any nuances?

was important reliability and speed of information reading.
Resource write not work out, and for 10 years, so it is not particularly worried, get that cheaper.

quote:
:
Delivery of Defense in the Netherlands - 450 rubles.
Russian Post.

We counted 2,230 rubles from Moscow at only 600 km.

decided not to bother with the shipment and purchase Corsairs or Intel.
18.11.2013 23:43:00
All that is not to Sanforsah - works well.
Vertex all kick the bucket like woodpeckers and fuji MPG. . .
From good: Intel Plekstor, falling down.
19.11.2013 11:39:00

Intel desktop just on peskosile never dies. . .
20.11.2013 21:34:00

Intel desktop just on peskosile never dies. . .

But he stands in 2 times more expensive than if the same volume
20.11.2013 22:37:00
Another office burned to rot from OCZ. Plextor M5S
Take a three-year warranty or M5Pro with a five-year (!)
and nothing will break.
20.11.2013 22:51:00
quote:
:
written everywhere that if drives die they cease to burn
but consider information and then information is generally not available
You probably misunderstood marketing ploy, this only applies to the storage resource record, if he exhausted their resources, as "dead", because it can not fully carry out its work. In this case - indeed, no data is lost and can anywhere be read.

Personally, my opinion - I recommend SSD from Intel.

Regarding replacement warranty - probably have someone to go on holiday to Holland
20.11.2013 23:32:00

Regarding replacement warranty - probably have someone to go on holiday to Holland

What would calm down and relax?
20.11.2013 23:48:00
quote:
:

What would calm down and relax?
)) If "we will be able to combine business with pleasure
20.11.2013 23:52:00
)) If romchik "have be able to combine business with pleasure

I would be on the same OCZ, and it's stressful. One journalist OCZ Petrol changed three times.
21.11.2013 3:12:00
quote:
:
quote:
:
was important reliability and speed of information reading.
Resource write not work out, and for 10 years, so it is not particularly worried, get that cheaper.
backups for important safety information for a long time (data retention), while the SSD, the figure is not high, and continues to decline

Since last FlashSummit-and the numbers:
Enterprise class SSD: 24/7 job for 3 years, data retention - 3 months
Consumer class SSD: work for 3 8/7 years, data retention - 1 year (.. ie, one year storage charges so much will drain that will be added uncorrectable errors in the data)

quote:
:
quote:
:
written everywhere that if drives die they cease to burn
but consider information and then information is generally not available
you probably misunderstood marketing ploy, this only applies to storage resource record, if it has exhausted its resources, as if "dead", because it can not fully carry out its work. In this case - indeed, no data is lost and can anywhere be read.

common misconception that measures the SSD in cycles erase / write does not mean that after the establishment of the resource drive will be read-only. Limiting the number of erase cycles is because when erasing the charge transferred from one place to a semiconductor to another, but this transition is not complete, some charge remains. And the more erase cycles, the larger the residual charge and the more likely errors reading from a cell (because the difference between the 0 th and 1 st, which is measured by the amount of charge is reduced)
Roughly drive will start an avalanche covered read errors, until the complete and permanent loss of information
Pages: 1
HDD, SSDForum → OCZ SSD Vertex massive failures.

OCZ SSD Vertex massive failures.