Hard disks, solid state drives

HDD, SSDForum → SATA150 where to find

SATA150 where to find

Pages: 1 2
07.11.2008 0:09:00
The problem lies in the fact that I decided to put myself out of the SATA raid, but I can not find the right screws.
Assembled PC from existing parts, bought the controller ST lab A224, but to find the SATA hard drive can not. Everywhere now only SATA II. They are not like, because the mother is assembled on a computer does not support the new interface, and a reluctance to pay, and is not possible. I climbed all the online stores that are found nowhere.
required capacity 300GB SATA150 and more. Tell me where to find it.
07.11.2008 0:44:00
On
screws have jumpers, they can be transferred from the drive to SATAII SATAI.
07.11.2008 1:54:00
I know, but a reluctance to pay, the more that is planned to take a large amount.
07.11.2008 10:11:00

overpay for that? For availability SATAII? ? ?
07.11.2008 11:16:00
I say that the mother does not support SATA II. Surely
SATA II screws are cheaper SATA.
07.11.2008 12:33:00

IMHO. Exceptionally SATA1 and a large amount of HDD (500GB or more) - incompatible combination. New HDD (respectively, SATA2) have a lower unit cost of bytes. I think you just invented itself a problem that does not exist.
07.11.2008 13:31:00

Really SATA II screws are cheaper SATA.
Well said. If we consider that Satan 1 now can only be found in the garbage - they certainly cheaper.

bought a controller ST lab A224
the mother on the assembled computer does not support the new interface
So where you connect the drives?
08.11.2008 13:10:00
Stick the screws have not bought assumed in RAID controller.
now ripe this question: will it work at its rated speed of SATA II screws when connected through a controller that also supports SATA II, but with all this if the mother does not support SATA II?
08.11.2008 13:57:00

whether to operate at its rated speed of SATA II screws when connected through a controller that also supports SATA II, but with all this if the mother does not support SATA II?
will.
09.11.2008 1:27:00
Yes. . . Well, the question otvette me my friend, and why do you need RAID controller?
03.11.2010 14:18:00
: On screws have jumpers, they can be transferred from the drive to SATAII SATAI.
- At Hitachi - no. Raped gemmoroya its software transfer to the SATA-1.
have any current terabyte drives this jumper has significantly? Nurse SATA-2 does not support . . .
03.11.2010 16:42:00

from Hitachi - only software (Feature Tool)

Jumper exactly is at Seagate, and probably - in Westerns. Select models candidate, download the OEM-guide with pictures - there is not such a big amount.
03.11.2010 17:58:00

and probably - in Westerns.

At WD exactly there.
11.11.2010 14:03:00

possible to specific models, which are switched by jumpers? Just I went shopping and looked modern railway with a volume of 1-2 TB. The jumpers are not found anywhere else!
11.11.2010 14:13:00

well themselves no bridges, but contacts on the site. From the old motherboard is suitable jumper (on the WD, Seagate is not on, there is little need jumpers). Or in the same Magazev ask, surely somewhere in the bins left.
11.11.2010 14:17:00

jumpers never found!

Yes, all WD with jumpers. Just jumpers empty block. See
http:. // Www. wdc. com / en / library / sata / 2079-001042. pdf
11.11.2010 18:38:00

Oak. I will try to do so, the results will unsubscribe.
11.11.2010 23:10:00

For large hard drives may be a problem, see here [FAQ] Guide to the section "Magnetic storage media" on your controller (eg SiL3112a).
12.11.2010 1:20:00

Bury Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 - is the one that the 1000 C, without any switches running on the same controller in my system.
20.11.2010 8:46:00
I came today to the store, asked terabyte WD (1 Tb Western Digital Caviar Green. 1000Gb / SATA II 5400rpm 64MB GREENPOWER WD10EARS). I asked whether his jumper can be converted into SATA-1. The answer is NO! And he has no jumpers. He asked to see. In addition to power and data connector has a connector of 4 pins in one row, for jumpers, only smaller. What is it - could not answer. On the label itself no jumpers schemes (as in the old days was) no. This is it? And what and how to stick to obtain SATA-1? Take in the end it was afraid.

Yes, all WD with jumpers. Just jumpers empty block. See
http:. // Www. wdc. com / en / library / sata / 2079-001042. pdf

- I unfortunately do not open this document. What is written there? Found in

for Western Digital Caviar and
closure of contacts 5-6 SATA150 include transmission mode.
But unfortunately, I have seen the new hard drive only 4 pins, and therefore do not close.
Where can I find the instructions for the new terabyte drives?

seems jumpers sata-2 sata-1 translation, and new drives are sata-3. Their in-sata-1 can be transferred?

20.11.2010 11:21:00

seems jumpers sata-2 sata-1 translation, and new drives are sata-3. Their in-sata-1 can be transferred?

The manual to the office. The site claims that it is possible.
http: // www. wdc. com / wdproducts / library / QIG / ENG / 2079-771087. pdf

But I would not put a drive on the old car for many reasons.
20.11.2010 11:30:00

Something does not add up. WD10EARS is standard for WD jumper pins (two rows of 4 pins). And he SATA 3 Gb / s (SATA 2). You mention about the SATA 6 Gb / s (SATA 3) and the absence of the two rows of pins. Probably you were holding some other model.
20.11.2010 11:48:00
What
drive model look?
Even WD SATA 6GB models of standard block of jumpers. Jumper 5-6 switches to SATA300 mode.
http: // wdc. custhelp. com / cgi-bin / wdc. cfg / php / enduser / ... = 227% 2C279 # jumper
20.11.2010 17:24:00
: The manual to the office. The site claims that it is possible.
http: // www. wdc. com / wdproducts / library / QIG / ENG / 2079-771087. pdf

- I have it does not open
But I would not put a drive on the old car for many reasons.
- On what? And what you recommend to put on such a computer instead sprinkle the disc?
: Something does not add up. WD10EARS is standard for WD jumper pins (two rows of 4 pins). And he SATA 3 Gb / s (SATA 2). You mention about the SATA 6 Gb / s (SATA 3) and the absence of the two rows of pins. Probably you were holding some other model.
: What disk model look?
- Unfortunately I do not know. When asked about the jumpers, they said that their on new models simply do not have, and showed the hard drive with the windows. What kind of model - I have not looked. It seems that it is necessary to go back to the shop, and watch live WDshniki with the right pins. . .
20.11.2010 17:43:00

I have it does not open

Depending on the settings, pdf file can either be opened or loaded. Maybe you have second?
20.11.2010 17:57:00

What kind of model - I have not looked.
it was not western. at 3T Westerns they are in complete and standard size. 4 in a series of small - from Seagate (Hitachi have 2 in a row, from 4 Sung - 2x2, and next to the empty space still under the same number). though not the fact that the switch to sata150 at wd still works. and that the controller is something which does not work, the old viashny vt8237 chtol?
20.11.2010 18:09:00
: Depending on the settings, pdf file can either be opened or loaded. Maybe you have second?
- Loading, but not open. Acrobat fails. I tried acrobat update - did not help.
: though not the fact that the switch to sata150 at wd still works
- as it is possible to learn to buy?
and that the controller is something which does not work, the old viashny vt8237 chtol?
- Yes, mother Epox EP-8KRAI-X
http: // www. nix. ru / autocatalog / motherboards_epox / EPoX ... N_SATA_33224. html
: WD10EARS is standard for WD jumper pins (two rows of 4 pins). And he SATA 3 Gb / s (SATA 2).
- So it suits me fairly? He is in the price, and I can buy it tomorrow.

: http: // wdc. custhelp. com / cgi-bin / wdc. cfg / php / enduser / ... = 227% 2C279 # jumper
- Oh! But this document is now opened, thanks .

20.11.2010 18:28:00

- as it is possible to learn to buy?
alas, no way.
20.11.2010 19:06:00

alas, no way.

Well, I would not say so categorically. If the official website for the specific model WD written about jumpers, then I am inclined to trust them, because it is not faced with the opposite. A jumper also have new models with 6 Gb / s. True, he is reduced to 3 Gb / s.
21.11.2010 13:59:00
Bought this WD10EARS, I stuck a jumper - it worked. But terribly slow. He writes well, reads terribly slow. He sent out HDDScan - red among the gray heap sectors. And neither blue nor yellow, green or not - only gray and red. Exchanged for a second the same - the same thing. To work with him is impossible, everything slows down very much. This is what he was like a self-test is that it does? Or I got married in a row? What to do? Needless to pass or what you can do Sneem?
21.11.2010 14:11:00

But terrible brakes

A OS what? Disc same AF.

He sent out HDDScan - red among the gray heap sectors.

Under OS testing is unrepresentative.
21.11.2010 14:21:00
: A OS what? Disc same AF.
- Win XP. And what to do with this "Advanced Format"? What is it all for such crap that is impossible to work ?
Links let if there is. . .
21.11.2010 14:24:00

Links let if there is. . .

there.
HDD Advanced Format
http: // support. wdc. com / product / downloadsw. asp? sid = 123
21.11.2010 14:27:00

Now what to do with this "Advanced Format"?

Three options in descending order.
1. Mark the drive in Windows 7.
2. Mark out to the XP and then run a utility from WD to align the provisions of sections.
3. Put a special jumper, and then mark the only section under XP.
21.11.2010 14:30:00

. . .
4. Change the disc on any WD Caviar Blue without AF.
21.11.2010 15:34:00

Working with him is impossible, everything slows down very much. This is what he was like a self-test is that it does?
if the second row disk is the same - probably some glitches with the controller he still remained.

A OS what? Disc same AF.
af on reading does not manifest.

Under OS testing is unrepresentative.
if the system is not on the scanned drive - is very significant. although I recently chased and system for 2k3 - 5 sectors found outside 50ms. 40 minutes for all tests.
21.11.2010 15:45:00
: 3. Put a special jumper, and then mark the only section under XP.
- I read about this AF.
Stuck jumper 2: 5-6 and 7-8 (SATA-1 and "move the sector")
then connect the drive Akronisom made "to add a new drive to the system" (as I understand it, it initializes itself and its format) and they also made the "disk clone", and completely clone the old-existing with the old disk to the new one. He now has only one partition on the entire disk, boot, and it is Win XP. Loading. But anyway uzhastno brakes.
What I did wrong? As it is now correct?
21.11.2010 15:49:00

What I did wrong? As it is now correct?

you already gave a link, HDD Advanced Format
There is and when it is necessary to set jumper - and when it is not necessary, and what to do with cloning (you spent incorrectly). With reference to the WD website, where it, too, all agreed.

Akronisom made "to add a new drive to the system"

Et else what? ? Or do you have Win-3. 1? Later do this without the use of crutches.

21.11.2010 16:23:00

you already gave a link, HDD Advanced Format
repeat - what for giving? slow sector reading from af can not be, so why not kill time on a completely separate from the main issue.

Et else what? ? Or do you have Win-3. 1? Later do this without the use of crutches.
win3. 1 stupidly sees everything what he sees dos. there, "adding," there is nothing and there is no place at all.
21.11.2010 17:09:00

Ie you suggest to test the system disk (and the author, he is a) under Win in the hope of getting a realistic picture?
and AF do not have to align for Win XP? Did I understand you correctly?
21.11.2010 17:16:00

slowly and sadly, the third time for a particularly slow-witted - judging by the description of the problem is most similar to some incompatibility sata-controller and screws (and most likely - unsolvable without replacing one of 2, and it is better to change the same controller, but not the screw). propose instead is busy with af - a waste of time.
and, by the way, if you seriously think that plugging in a few hundred ms when checking the disk read (bypassing the file system and any markup) can be cured alignment section - then your "advice" in general should be treated with great caution.
21.11.2010 17:23:00

Fast and fun, especially for angry. . .
author said about the general brake work. I am reminded of AF.
author said about colored blocks in HddScan. I recalled that the test surface is not necessary for the operating system (by the way, and in the FAQ-e spelled).
Any more comments?
21.11.2010 17:26:00
He went on to change the drive NOT AF. And the choice of only Seagate. And he SATA-1 exhibited Little jumpers, who have neither I nor the store. The result did not change, and decided to deal with this yet.
: slow sector reading from af can not arise,
- And what arises from the AF?
: Ie you suggest to test the system disk (and the author, he is a) under Win in the hope of getting a realistic picture?
- Actually, I'm not with him loaded (and its hard disk), the brakes are the same.
Links read, including where in Russian, but understand only pieces .

I understand correctly that without jumper 7-8 I must first partition a disk into sections, clone system, and then run the WD Align System Utility?

Can incite WD Align to split into 2 sections, but a blank disc? She quickly it perekonvertiruet? And then clone the system image from the old hard drive. . .

Or is it only works after cloning data Akronisom?

So, it seems to me better to use than the usual cloning Acronis and Acronis True Image WD Edition Software, then he will make everything right on the go. Now I download. . .

21.11.2010 18:15:00

Any more comments?
of Monsieur lover nadergat quotes. Yes pzhalsta: "He writes well, reads terribly slow." (c). try to explain it in terms of the presence of AF

And he SATA-1 exhibited Little jumpers, who have neither I nor the store.
in 11 series were complete (although it is now and there have removed possible). as well as lead (from the twisted pair for example) and put on a bend. or a sufficiently thick stranded at one end.

And what arises from the AF?
brake when building block entry.

if not more difficult - is a graph of reading a thread hdtune, and a small skrinshotik "squares" HDDScan "and to the heap.
21.11.2010 18:41:00

I understand correctly that without jumper 7-8 I must first partition a disk into sections, clone system, and then run the WD Align System Utility? Adding
from 21. 11. 2010 17: 34: Is it possible to incite
WD Align to split into 2 sections, but a blank disc? She quickly it perekonvertiruet? And then clone the system image from the old hard drive. . . Adding
from 21. 11. 2010 17: 38:
Or is it only works after cloning Akronisom data?

I'm afraid that if I was the third time will direct you to the topic where all this said, and even more than once, some of the interviewees would not understand me completely. . . A discussion of these questions in this thread - hard offtopic.
21.11.2010 18:49:00

of Monsieur lover nadergat quotes

Oh, Monsieur lover glue labels.

try to explain it in terms of the presence of AF

has no AF To this fact a direct relationship, that does not negate the need to align in some way, if the disk is already bought and abandoned.

If you look above, you will see that another disk selection stage I suggested to the author the issue of such a drive not to take.
21.11.2010 19:23:00

A choice only Seagate. And he SATA-1 exhibited Little jumpers, who have neither I nor the store.

Files The problem with the HDD 3. 5 "or a jumper, and where to find it? There?)
above correctly wrote about the incompatibility of the WD Caviar Green series with a VIA controller [FAQ] Discussion drives Western Digital Caviar (part 2) # 145. Change in the WD SATA300 another series, or another brand of disc (for example, Seagate SATA300 7200rpm work well with VIA controllers) ...
21.11.2010 19:38:00

has no AF To this fact a direct relationship, that does not negate the need to align in some way, if the disk is already bought and abandoned.
yshsho time - normally with this drive controller with a good chance to work still will not. so that all these actions are totally a waste of time. it is necessary to treat the problem, not what you know how to treat.
21.11.2010 19:59:00

Write your motherboard model. I did not see whether you wrote about it. I'd like to test telepathic ability of those who are sure they know what your supervisor.
21.11.2010 20:00:00
: I'm afraid that if I was the third time will direct you to this topic, where everything that is said, but more than once, some of the interviewees would not understand me completely
- you sent a big topic, and not on a specific message, all I have not mastered it. And what is it you do not look said, and I myself did not think about the incompatibility. I thought it will be enough to apply WDshnuyu utility and SATA-1 jumper.
Now read your link about the incompatibility of the disk controller. I Thought. It should be checked. About
jumper: would not have wanted that home-made half a year longer kontachit, and the computer stops working. COMPLETE jumpers in sigeyte was not empty 4 pins. Can really big gut and stick the jumper. . .
: If you look above, you will see that another disk selection stage I suggested to the author the issue of such a drive not to take.
- But why you did not answer, and did not answer it is better to take it. But something had to be taken. Now
clone WDshnym Akronisom system from your hard drive to the AF. I will check how it works.

seems that the problem is still in the incompatibility. It did not help, and WDshny Acronis. I'll try to drive change tomorrow.

Pages: 1 2
HDD, SSDForum → SATA150 where to find

SATA150 where to find

info@www.hdd-and-ssd.com