Hard disks, solid state drives

HDD, SSDForum → Which screw to take SATA or IDE

Which screw to take SATA or IDE

Pages: 1
21.08.2006 1:55:00
My motherboard only supports IDE, IDE has a screw supports. I plan to purchase a screw with the prospect of subsequent apgreyta system. Is there a fee for the transitional support SATA? Does it make sense to do it or acquire IDE screw.
21.08.2006 7:08:00
Do not fool yourself head nonsense. Take vital.
question "Is there a fee for the transitional support SATA?" Blunt. There are motherboard (supervisors) that Satan is maintained, and there are not supported. Transition options NO (support Satan or is or not. At Intel is above ICH5 inclusive).
options may only be for power connection, it does not matter.
ZY. If that, write to the PM. On the hunt, if I can, help the man identified himself as the city of Minsk.
21.08.2006 8:40:00
There
PCI SATA controllers.
21.08.2006 11:12:00

whether the fee is transitional support for SATA? If you mean the SATA-IDE adapter, you are there, look for, and will not find - will all have in Moscow. . . Only it is powered by a connector FDD, and, of course, require an adapter for the power screw.
21.08.2006 19:26:00
quote:
:

Do the transitional board to support SATA? If you mean the SATA-IDE adapter, you are there, look,. . . Only it is powered by a connector FDD, and, of course, require an adapter for the power screw.
heard something vaguely about that. And, normally screws work with these adapters?
And why is it all (adapters, ext. Kotrolёry)? All also I advise him not to take his head and buy c IDE. I do not remember that from the IDE in the near future is going to completely abandon.
quote:
need an adapter for the power screw.
Some screws, there are those, and those connectors.
quote:
and will not find - help, in Moscow all have
Yes, we must help. Yesterday however the offer of help fun to write.
21.08.2006 19:31:00

I do not remember that from the IDE in the near future is going to completely abandon.
Intel have a different opinion. If no policy and producers moms sidyuk then Ida would finally have long had. And it would be a good way.
Adapters theoretically there, but Podor and FIG find (it is easier to find in the opposite direction). Better to just quickly think about upgrading the system than peg the money in the body (the car is already five years probably - do not live right now flow).
21.08.2006 20:55:00

Do transitional board to support SATA? Does it make sense to do it or acquire IDE screw.

http: // www. pilotech. ru /
Here is the page designer and manufacturer of the adapter, which is called:
ADAPTER SATA & lt; - & Gt; PATA adapter. Model №: PS421
Two years ago I bought this adapter at the request of a foreign friend. He he needed to work as a person engaged in data recovery and in their country of such an adapter is not performed. It cost adapter then 1034 rubles (35 $)

Do for you the meaning of it all can be engaged only define yourself. If you have no special, highly specialized tasks, I on your place would be nothing such was not engaged, and bought a IDE-drive. Upgrading your system just to make sure to present new motherboard IDE-controller, so that with a probability of 99% will be there. . )
By the time the standard IDE disappears, your segodnyapokupaemy IDE-drive time to morally outdated several times, and the money you can already today save on disk and on the adapter, which, by the way, then probably will have to simply throw away as useless.
21.08.2006 21:26:00
Motherboard I have GA-60XT. I have not written correctly "risers" meant PCI SATA controllers. Apgreyt plan to do next year and fear as if motherboard does not support IDE drives stopped.
22.08.2006 7:44:00

PCI SATA
Ah, well, so and so good enough. But if
to upgrade for another year (almost era), it is best to really take Ida. Exception - if you want to take a great way to drive. It is a pity and a year later - then look at some promisovsky controller non-Reid for example. Just sata controller in the old machine can be found, but the PCI-IDE - hardly anyone will bother those proceedings.
22.08.2006 8:58:00

but the PCI-IDE - hardly anyone will bother those proceedings.

Why? Full of these, and he worked on them. The price of ~ $ 25. For example, but not exclusively - Promise UltraATA-66 / UltraATA-100.
22.08.2006 9:24:00

No, I'm talking about the fact that by that time they will be gone. For superfluous. Just until recently, they are actively used to connect a large number of devices, but is now no longer need them and I think they will soon disappear.
22.08.2006 23:48:00
A first
Stumps are very necessary today or perhaps video class VirzhDH? And then it did not find the problem, of course b / y (so it does not matter).
people have household in the trash to throw out the good in no hurry. Even unnecessary.
22.08.2006 23:57:00
Thanks for the tips, most likely will not suffer and will take IDE screw his old lady. Hopefully by the time in the motherboards apgreyta leave room for the IDE controller.
24.08.2006 0:05:00
Tell me, please, where they sell sata-ide adapter in Togliatti
Pages: 1
HDD, SSDForum → Which screw to take SATA or IDE

Which screw to take SATA or IDE

info@www.hdd-and-ssd.com