Hard disks, solid state drives

HDD, SSDForum → rosvyatite pliz about the large Hardy 160 gigs!

rosvyatite pliz about the large Hardy 160 gigs!

Pages: 1
21.05.2004 14:21:00
If there is win2000 and Service Pack 4, be sure whether the registry key to register
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \\ SYSTEM \\ CurrentControlSet \\ Services \\ Atapi \\ Parameters
Value name: EnableBigLba
Data type: REG_DWORD
Value data: 0x1

Same wonders if XP is about + 1 service pack.

or after the service is nothing to rule packs do not need to? ? ?

Thanks for the answers!
21.05.2004 15:02:00
what mat. pay?
21.05.2004 15:25:00

1. yes no
24.05.2004 11:13:00
Motherboard - Toshka 1410-604 laptop, connect to an external nimu mobilrak by USB 2. 0 which is hard on the western 160 gigs JB
25.05.2004 10:40:00

or after the service is nothing to rule packs do not need to? ? ?
As already mentioned, in w2k sp4 necessary to prescribe , in wxp sp1 not necessary . See
. www. 48bitlba. com
general already chewed a hundred times.
25.05.2004 11:10:00
And in XP with SP1 has not been canceled it -
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \\ SYSTEM \\ CurrentControlSet \\ Services \\ Atapi \\ Parameters
"EnableBigLba" = dword: 00000001)
(only advisable to do this before writing data to this great screw!)

(IMHO for USB-HDD, this option may not play any role)
21.10.2004 22:00:00
Friends, explain pliz on the notorious problem of formation flying of information on the screws more than 127 gigs. Is it possible if I have a nurse on I865G chipset (Canyon) with not too old BIOS, SATA 160Gb screw (Samsung 1614C), and Operating System - W2k SP4, and the registry key is added? First, I have determined the size of the screw properly, then I flashed the BIOS with an updated December SATA microcode and added to the registry key - the problem eliminated. Now, I broke the screw into two equal sections. Sformatnul to NTFS first first, then - the second, and then made a quick check of the first (without searching for bad-blocks). Errors were not (in the file table and what is there still, if at the beginning of this section that a general is in NTFS). That's enough to calm, and it was necessary to be sure to break the screw so that in the region of & gt; 127Gb hit any key, and then write something in the beginning of the screw, and then in this section, and then verify the data at the beginning of the screw?
And I noticed one thing: listed as "dynamic" in Windows in the "Disk Management" and all the screw, and both of his section (volume), while the other screws (parallel ATA), and the volume on them - as "the main ". This is as it should be for SATA screws? The system of windows help in this regard said that dynamic disks can not contain volumes, and I - contains two dynamic volume. That is, the rest - "section - the main", and the SATA - "easy - dynamic".
Thank you!
22.10.2004 1:09:00
dynamic volumes - an unpleasant thing. after perestavki Hardy in another computer (or a permutation of Windows) you can lose all the information. By the way, Windows correctly say - disks contain volumes din. wheels - Din. volume. Repartition according to the normal, and that then sin no end. A checking BigLba - that's 160 broke in half (2 * 80). So write to disk 2 any turbidity before moving 127Gig border (ie 127-80 = 47, that is, write a 50 gig). If in the process of copying a blue screen or reboot - it is necessary to understand. If you signed up, and then the last one listed to read - all okay and nothing to worry about.
22.10.2004 1:45:00
So and how to make them non-dynamic? I'm not specifically made them so. . . It is my "Disk Management" to other options, it would seem, does not offer. . .
22.10.2004 14:21:00

dynamic volumes - an unpleasant thing. after perestavki Hardy in another computer (or a permutation of Windows) you can lose all the information.
Uh, from infa? How they use - the only problem - they do not see the Windows XP Home. Otherwise - no problems. What am I doing wrong?
22.10.2004 23:54:00

I would poosteregsya positiveness so to speak. One never knows (fie 3 times) with a disk that happens to be major problems. After all, the dynamic disks completely different structure, non-fixed sections that are not recognized because under DOS. The information is not stored in the file table, and the database at the end of the disk, and so on. D. And frankly, I do not known data recovery software is able to pull data from a dynamic disk. While it may, such a program is still there, but I have not heard anything about it. Plus everything else, except for XP and Win 2003 Server, these drives do not recognize any one operating system.
Pages: 1
HDD, SSDForum → rosvyatite pliz about the large Hardy 160 gigs!

rosvyatite pliz about the large Hardy 160 gigs!

info@www.hdd-and-ssd.com