Hard disks, solid state drives

HDD, SSDForum → Spices, how to put the screw is better: 1) close to the flop or not 2) up chips or not

Spices, how to put the screw is better: 1) close to the flop or not 2) up chips or not

Pages: 1
01.02.2002 21:31:00
Greetings.

spices, how to put the screw better:

1) close to the flop or not?
2) up chips or not?

1) I was guided by the fact that placing a close flop becomes "like a radiator." Or will not?
2) Dust in m / s - nothing good to see this. Or is it necessary to put up m / s score on dust or wipe it occasionally?

Thank you, the more I think, the issue of interest to many.

01.02.2002 21:51:00
Personally, I am in the assembly of computers in life put the screws down the controller, and what is not close to the flop, there is all the same vibration. In my so reliable.
02.02.2002 5:47:00
1) The radiator will not flop, unless the thermo smazhesh and bolts prizhmesh. And so a small gap will be a flop as a screen.

2) In general, without a difference, but the controller down and better) the dust is not stuffed b) short-circuit protection - a sudden drop anything.

02.02.2002 7:06:00
I'm not special. but I would put the screw in the bottom so that it is a little fan cooled front of the block wall. Bara-4 = 32 degrees.
02.02.2002 10:39:00
The question is essentially:
it seems to me, the warm air (especially hot) always goes up. . . So is not it better for this reason kontrleerom put up? After all, if the heat sink of the screw will be better than when the screw is down chips and warm (hot) air, climbing, wraps around the same screw. . . .
Correct me if I'm wrong. . . .
04.02.2002 11:17:00
To Goodvin:
If producers attended to a problem of cooling circuits, they have them up and put. IMHO.
04.02.2002 12:58:00
Better to flop between Hardy and the gap was bigger. Better cooling, easier to wash the dust. Then, the heat is released primarily not on the chips, and mechanical components, ie. E. Cooling must first HDA, not cost.
05.02.2002 0:44:00

heat is released primarily not on the chips, and the mechanical components - I doubt, I think the opposite. In any case, I have the upper hand a little warm, and the controller heats up more.
05.02.2002 10:59:00
quote:
:

heat is released primarily not on the chips, and the mechanical components - I doubt, I think the opposite. In any case, I have the upper hand a little warm, and the controller heats up more.

The HDA at least two nodes of strong heating
- head gear - (!) Is a very powerful linear motor
- pancakes
rotation drive of the windings is allocated more than half of the heat. If
chips up, this heat warms and chips. Apparently so often between the controller and HDA, many models have a piece of foam rubber.
A on the control board - keys and logic. Ideally, it is not heated at all.

05.02.2002 13:15:00

- head gear - (!) Is a very powerful linear motor
You screw quarreled seen?
What is it powerful?
Bask chips, the rest - vanity!
But I put the controller down. So conceived
manufacturers!
05.02.2002 13:22:00
Since the controller itself is much smaller than the HDA. Here and there is a feeling that it heats up more.
05.02.2002 14:42:00

I put the screw chips down and away from the other components, so that air circulation is not limited by anything possible. Quite often in low-cost housings attaching the hard drive is made of thin sheet metal - is good in principle, since it allows a certain degree of vibration dampening, if any. IMHO best cooling occurs when the screw is blowing sideways and nothing prevents convection, however, so you can put only those screws, whose mechanics is adapted to work in this position. . .
05.02.2002 16:51:00
5 mm clearance at the top and bottom. . .
05.02.2002 22:18:00
In both, I thought that people here **** (well clear ) are not allowed.
06.02.2002 1:08:00

logical. But, I think, the dust on the chips will increasingly contribute to overheating, a more favorable position than chips up - the heat outflow.
And in branded computers - at least that I have seen from the inside, screws are the traditional way.

Well, what about the mechanics of overheating. . . IMHO, it is not the temperature, so that it is out of order. For the chips to overheat much more dangerous, and how many of them have already Pogorelov. . .

06.02.2002 12:35:00

in some models (XP or Compaq) screws sideways stand, afaik.
My Fuji mikruhi much stronger than the banks are heated, and IBM seems contrary.

Much depends on your propeller and hull.

14.02.2002 10:40:00
The site Fujitsu painted standard operating position of the screw, with which he must work. In short, any (m / circuits up, down, sideways and r. H.) Except at an angle.
14.02.2002 13:47:00
quote:
:
Online drawn Fujitsu standard operating position of the screw, with which he must work. In short, any (m / circuits up, down, sideways and r. H.) Except at an angle.

Why is angle-No way?
And if you tilt the system unit - that work cease Hardy?
that people think about this?
In my opinion, complete nonsense! A eshsche Online esteemed company!

14.02.2002 16:31:00

you finger tried to prevent the heads move ever?
's try.
current chips are heated Grisha? they are true and warm up the entire bank already through.
15.02.2002 7:15:00
In that case, tell me whether it is possible to put 2 HDD one below the other in standard 3, 5 "" compartments (gap somewhere 3-4 mm.)?
15.02.2002 9:32:00

& gt; & Gt; And if you tilt the system unit - that work cease Hardy?
& gt; & Gt; The people that think about this?
& gt; & Gt; In my opinion, complete nonsense! A eshsche Online esteemed company!

producers just know better how and what is required to work, and at the same _oni_ guarantee performance, not John Doe. how personally you see fit to put the screw, it is your _lichnoe_ business. most likely it is you will have to work in the slope, but if at some point of time, he decides to retire, all claims on your part to the quality and reliability of this product will be no more than absurd.

advise in Dalen _vesomo_ argue no reasonable claim.

15.02.2002 11:38:00
quote:
:
In this case, tell me whether it is possible to put 2 HDD one below the other in standard 3, 5 "" compartments (gap somewhere 3-4 mm.)?

Depends on the screws. The old (5400 and below) are heated a little, so that IMHO is nothing wrong will not happen. Most modern 7,200 basking quite "good," so that I would, from harm's way, did not recommend such an arrangement. Or, so they blew cooler.

15.02.2002 13:02:00

I put down on 7200 (FUJITSU MPG3102AH) and above it 5400 (FUJITSU MPE3084AE), t. E. With a warm (7200), the air rises to 5400, the latter is not hotter than the stand-alone installation. What do you think about this version?
15.02.2002 14:52:00
Screw maintain normal operation in any officially sanctioned position (from the manufacturer) only need to format it before
commissioning in the same position. As for head movements and "sticking their fingers" it is possible in the open 40MB sludge that
used as a guide for beginners. In a normal screw, and even more so with the Volume of & gt; 100MB and current density recording plates is a clear bed.
15.02.2002 15:49:00
quote:
:
advise in Dalen _vesomo_ argue no reasonable claim.

weighty argument is the understanding of the principle of the HDD.
Specifically, the ratio of weight of the head and acting on her efforts -
weight is not more than 1% from the rest (clamping force, inertial force of the drive).
Balancing pancakes, too, can not be perfect, and it seems that at current speed of rotation of the imbalance forces also Pobol pancake package weight will be. Cooling
depends more on the environment and not from the position in space.
Here is my argument - in HDD NO nodes, greatly sensitive to the position of the device in space. Unless, of course, the company Fujitsu has done this on purpose.
(Notice I stress to the situation, but not to the movement during operation!)

quote:
screw to maintain the normal operation in any officially sanctioned position (from the manufacturer) only format it is necessary before entering
in operation in the same position.

design modern HDD basically excludes a true low-level format. "Markup" is reduced to zero their data - and only. About spetsutility from manufacturer I am not here for the speech, but in this case the servo is not touched, otherwise there will be the positioning of the head on the cylinder.

15.02.2002 16:40:00
And it seems to me, the difference from the situation there. Bearings which turn on pancakes, calculated for a certain position. If the power to make a different angle - the bearings are destroyed. Actually it was on the old screws when (checked) setting "up the naga" led to a very rapid exit from Stra. I think it Fujiki were little old, but the statistics for the 20-30 screws. . . .
All this - IMHO
15.02.2002 19:19:00
If you
about my phrase "prevent the heads to move."
I ironically hinted that if maximko112 tried to do it, it would probably be very surprised to see how easy it is.
claim was addressed maximko112 regarding his doubts about the phrase "a powerful linear motor," said Aleksys, as well as unreasonable doubt in Aleksys competence in vnutribankovoy composes HDD. About
sorokovnik and others like them are not talking, there is generally mostly stepper engines.
15.02.2002 19:33:00

HDD NO nodes, greatly sensitive to the orientation in
And you have not tried it as a child to turn the top (whirligig)? At the plate, the same forces that are aligned with the rotation of the gyroscope. The closer to 45 °, the more the deformation of the plates. Therefore, all manufacturers and is recommended to put the screws only horizontally or vertically.
16.02.2002 14:25:00
to
On the plate, the same forces that are aligned with the rotation of the gyroscope. The closer to 45 °, the greater the deformation of plates
Why should equate the top, put on a single point and are constantly trying to "fall" due to which there is its pull to one side (the precession, if I remember correctly) and pancakes HDD package which is nowhere to fall not seek to force its rigid suspension bearings? And what does it 45 degrees? But if the hard drive enclosure to rotate on a single axis, which do not coincide with the rotation axis of the package of pancakes - and then will act forces, of which you speak.
More on the topic - Practicing phrases "NO to the HDD units, substantially sensitive to the position of the device in space"
16.02.2002 22:47:00
To
And you know what's inside the gyroscope? Pancakes will try to turn back to horizontal, but the head will remain in place. This is what leads to breakage. Well, at least my knowledge of physics allowed to think that I am right.
16.02.2002 22:57:00

Well, physics, I unfortunately do not remember much (or fortunately ). I tried to find the Old in the internet, but to no avail. And yet, the phrase "NO to the HDD units, substantially sensitive to the orientation in" - I am a little confused.
17.02.2002 1:19:00

correct their information. Novosibisk no taxis

arranged like a gyro? Pancakes will try to turn back to horizontal, but the head will remain in place
ie you are sure that (any) gyroscope (always) is rotated so that the rotation axis is vertical? Generally

:
1. In what position format (not defective) screw - all the same.
2. What position it works - all the same.
3. Which side of his body put in - all the same.

Yes, and dust it too do not care.

17.02.2002 18:33:00
Pro gyro - only a change of its position in space (after he unwound to the nominal speed, the greatest bank) - a force tending to return the gyroscope axis in space. This principle is based gyro.
conclusion - as will be the screw in the long run is not so important as long as it did not change the position of the spindle after the promotion. But at an angle it all still better not to.
17.02.2002 19:17:00
to
And you know what's inside the gyroscope? Pancakes will try to turn back to horizontal, but the head will remain in place. You have internet at hand. If too lazy to look - you look though, would be here: http: // www. petrsu. ru / psu / Chairs / KOF / phys / do / mech / lectures / lecture9_a. html # 2
Well, at least my knowledge of physics allowed to think that I am right. Oh how immodest!
with the consent of
18.02.2002 11:15:00
But anyone risk postavte screw 45 degrees and mesechishka two or three konfu report.
h. s. Personally, I would not dare.
18.02.2002 14:20:00
Under 30 degrees was Seagate Cheetah do not remember what, 15,000 RPM (powerful gyroscope ), not less than one year. No problem. Enough? Especially it again to hang a 45 - breaks.
18.02.2002 16:11:00
design modern HDD basically excludes a true low-level format. "Markup" is reduced to zero their data - and only.

It's about the simple creation and formatting of FAT (UW) when buying a new HDD and it is done to preserve the linearity of the treatment to their own "tags".

18.02.2002 20:33:00

in general from this point of view can fit perfectly to all components from the active cooling of processors and hard drives (note also recommended, but some of its methods are sometimes lead to disastrous results) and ending with the motherboard mounting stud to the wall. The most interesting is that in most cases it will work. the only question is how long and how much quality. moreover all this is not the same is true for any product. "At least a year is enough to no problem..?" - Statistics touches. certainly not enough. ETOGES from 2000 Cheetah served flawlessly all the declared time and even 200. In addition, the Cheetah if any, due to the peculiarities of its design, can be seen as "a powerful gyroscope ", it is not just "a powerful gyroscope " is a Cheetah (ie information carrier ).
18.02.2002 22:17:00

"at least a year is enough to no problem..?" - Statistics touches. certainly not enough. ETOGES from 2000 Cheetah served flawlessly all the declared time and did not even 200.

I do not understand, and here in 2000 Cheetah. Was specific question
But anyone risk postavte screw 45 degrees and mesechishka two or three konfu report.
question was about "someone" and "a screw". This question has been given a concrete answer : I, my screw model conditions.
What are the problems?

by active cooling of processors and hard drives (note also recommended, but some of its methods are sometimes lead to disastrous results)
Active cooling of processors made compulsory. In manualke processor is written: running without heatsink / fan can damage. . . lyalyalya. Fried percent under warranty will not be accepted. On
screw anything like not written. This means that if I'm going to drive it without coolers (as I usually do) and he dies during the warranty period, to me (most likely) will change. Similarly, in modern screw not write "is required strictly horizontal installation" (written on the old - the maximum tolerance on any axis 5 degrees).

If such problems have led to a large number of failures, they would be included in the warranty conditions (and that would change the worn out).

18.02.2002 23:21:00
I will take courage. . . Old guru said so - to put the screws mikruhi down. Moget spravdelivo be it only for the old screws (a bunch of new mikruhi I ran up and everything is fine), but. . gentlemen. . . where you saw the body (crocodiles not take into account for less common), where the screw is mounted at an angle? I (believe me, the practice of the rich) have not seen! Q branches as the best bet. The answer is in the horizontal position (discussed and sucked), the flop away (better circulation), and cooled in the case of 7200. It is, of course, I tozha 3-year warranty on the screw was given, but my projects from the head written in 4 years I punditry 10 screws not change (20 too ). So I poveshat cooler for $ 100 on the screw from the bottom (at mikruhi), put him on a 7 volts and machine working 20 hours a day calm. The main thing is the health and disease, as we know from nerves
18.02.2002 23:26:00
It is, of course, I tozha 3-year warranty on the screw was given, but my projects from the head written in 4 years philosophizing I would not trade the 10 screws (20, too).
A backup - not destiny? It is unlikely that the projects in 4 years do not pay $ 100 investment in the second screw.
19.02.2002 0:18:00

denyazhka is not the one to screw to hold the backup. . . projects - they Bole creativity than cash
19.02.2002 0:43:00

where you saw the body (crocodiles not take into account for less common), where the screw is mounted at an angle?
In case all the bays were occupied. As a result of the Chita hitched one side to the three-inch bays (with screws, pieces of tin and some mothers), and the other party hung in a line close to the bottom of the housing.

denyazhka is not the one to screw to hold the backup. . .
blanks on record (not at) at least once a month did not try?

19.02.2002 1:12:00

far as I know it, too percent - - keys and logic. Ideally, it is not heated at all. But in real life cooler for $ 20 purchase. . . . .

19.02.2002 1:58:00

das I compromise top post, I think globally . in other does not matter.
& gt; & Gt; What problems?
no. cm. line above.

& gt; & Gt; On the screw anything like it written
& gt; & Gt; Similarly, in modern screws do not write "strictly required
& gt; & gt; gorizontalnayaustanovka"

logical. but on the website of the manufacturer recommendations, as well as specifications and permissible operating conditions are described. of all this arise more than the obvious conclusions that can be ignored only knowingly or stupidity. verbalism but ruins us. that is not prohibited explicitly, it is allowed. time explicitly stated, so not necessarily.

& gt; & Gt; In manualke processor written
in which the manual? here are your allegations are a crack, for my Fuji has a piece of paper with the parameters and installation schemes, but poor athlony, no matter how much I did not buy them all the time without manual. but maybe I was just unlucky.

& gt; & Gt; they would be included in the warranty conditions (if not worn out to me).
very good reason that it is not included, I would have just laid down in advance% marriage.

19.02.2002 15:16:00
It seems to me that giroskopichnost screw may occur, but not on pancakes (they rotate around a static axis), and on the heads. They just move, and at an inclination of acceleration difference occurs when moving back and forth. It is, of course, a miserable, but if it does not take into account, it is likely an unintended position of the head at a time. Resonance, again, is not clear as can be shown. . .

In general, it is believed that the screws are not ruining the situation, loaders, XP, and body temperature, and overloaded power. What do you still 12 volts?

20.02.2002 17:48:00

really never saw the inscription on the processor - heatsink or fan required? ! ?

in a horizontal position on the head the force of gravity - one "pulls" to pancakes, the other "pulls". . .
vertically - this is not, but there is a difference when moving back and forth. . . .

IMHO they just FSUs. . . 8-)

20.02.2002 18:03:00
I understand that the time on time is not necessary, though. . . I DTLA 2 years. Sometimes they wear data (in the sense of the distance in the pocket). So somehow after a transfer appeared BAD then very unpleasant knocks: zhzhzhzhzh-knock. And then at the next boot, he was not identified BIOS-om. Off, I turn - no screws. Helped screw revolution of 180 degrees - to the top of the feet (or the bottom, who knows where his legs). It is now 4 months everything is OK! TFA TFA TFA. And the sound fitting and bedov not added and BIOS sees.
21.02.2002 7:11:00

I have a lot of things seen and heard even more, but I hope you will not say that all processors have the inscription or sold to the end user manuals. in general, initially jarred me, saying that man, as one, like a serious company, gives the dubious recommendations related to their products.
idea is that when the dying percent, in most cases it is obvious, but when this happens with screws, then we blame ourselves at the very least if you do it at all.

how and where he stands absolutely still, keep elementaknye requirements - recommended position, temperature and so on. it is at least not hurt.

21.02.2002 13:10:00
Quantum Fireball Plus AS 20 Gb mikruhi up and at an angle (30 degrees) after 2 weeks of work clicked (well, not at home rack, and more than a bunch of drag films) turned down mikruhi, placed parallel to the plane of the table - everything is OK. But maybe it's me this particular instance was caught?
Pages: 1
HDD, SSDForum → Spices, how to put the screw is better: 1) close to the flop or not 2) up chips or not

Spices, how to put the screw is better: 1) close to the flop or not 2) up chips or not

info@www.hdd-and-ssd.com