Hard disks, solid state drives

HDD, SSDForum → Low-Level format SCSI

Low-Level format SCSI

Pages: 1
06.01.2002 19:26:00
Such a poser - need to "Perform a Low Level Format (Only) with a Mac or PC 512k blocks an Interleave of 1." As written capitalists. Wheels 50-pin SCSI, Avance Logic controller of some sort. All this is necessary for use in a raster processor AGFA for its file system
What thoughts come into your head wise?
07.01.2002 2:40:00
which can be thought but to comply with all the prescribed actions? formatiruesh take and so, with what will later drive to use, in this case with the AVC?
07.01.2002 3:10:00
Thank you, it is clear
But plagued all sorts of doubts - the formatting is necessary only for the elimination by disk imaging and disk repartitioning. By the way, I think, the capitalists in 1993 (the year of writing manual) low level mean another,
than Mr. Bill today. Would IDE disk would put in 386 \\ 486 and through the BIOS safely. . . A Tale to be like?
That's what confuses. . .
07.01.2002 3:14:00
I do tell primenitklno to scsi, that manufacturers are strongly recommended to format a disk on a controller which further drive will be used. It is what I was referring to above. although personally I quite often removed the screws and no problems noted.
07.01.2002 3:35:00
Use the disc will be in raster processor (RIP) the AGFA company, with a stone from 33MHz MIPS already, OSes and file system from Agfy. So pre-formatting just to partition, and then formatted PostScript means something working. Analogies - fdisk and then format.
I will say ridiculous - in this damn worth 3 SCSI drive, and on the different loops, and 2 to 403 MB a three-quarter height, as many as one 2 GB (!). And I may say the motherboard, located in a fully enclosed housing weighing under 20 kg - about 25-27 multicolored LED-indicators. I opened it on December 29, so the people came running from the print shop to admire the Christmas tree
07.01.2002 14:29:00
& Gt; & Gt; Use the disc will be in raster processor (RIP) of the company AGFA,
& gt; & Gt; with a stone from 33MHz MIPS already, OSes and file system from
& gt; & Gt; Agfy.

this is just before the lantern, by which it will be used. all in relation to the low level from the controller.

08.01.2002 11:31:00
512k blocks an Interleave of 1
I do not understand. The size of the sector and registered in the EEPROM are Interlit disk by default - the size of the sector and 512bayt Interlit 1. What does kilobytes?
Pages: 1
HDD, SSDForum → Low-Level format SCSI

Low-Level format SCSI

info@www.hdd-and-ssd.com