Hard disks, solid state drives

HDD, SSDForum → Damaged road at zero screw - recovery is possible?

Damaged road at zero screw - recovery is possible?

Pages: 1
18.12.2001 16:45:00
Sabzh at home using DiskEditora and curved handles? Screw Fireball lst 15 Gb, hddutil Pashkov said that Recalibration to track 0 Failed. Code4
screw was dying slowly and painfully, the information had to drive away from it now remains a sporting interest. Or the way he 0 service information, which is not at home to recover? In the BIOS detective, but it can not be read.
18.12.2001 17:08:00
Try this:
One option revitalization screws with a similar injury. If you killed (eg, low-level formatting) servo information to track zero, then clearly the morgue - the screw will not be able to perform recalibration. In other cases, the following may help:
1. Connect the screw as a Primary / Master. . If you do not pass Autodetect, set in the BIOS / Setup "is, Type 1 or passport parameters remaining screw the screws (if any) should be in order to avoid damage to temporarily disable
2. Load plain DOS, use the DOS standard debugger:.
Debug -F 200 L200 0
-a 100
mov ax, 301
mov bx, 200
mov cx, 1
mov dx, 0080
int 13
int 3
press "Enter"
-G = 100
-q
This 2nd item is a literal quotation from the recommendations Award "as well.
3. If the screw was type 1, repeat the auto detection. If auto detection fails, set the nameplate parameters of the screw.
4. If necessary, restart the DOS. Run the FDISK, Partition Table Kojima mark the screw, do not forget to specify if necessary partition, which at this screw will be active (bootable). Start "FORMAT C: / S / U" or "FORMAT C: / U" to format the disk according to the census and census without bootloader.
5. Restore previously stood configuration (if disconnected while formatting the other screws).

18.12.2001 17:50:00

I figeyu from step 2. . Well

tried to write something in the IDB. . . sorry, if bad, the bad, and hello.

Recommendation Award applies only to the case of incorrect data in Table partitioning options Autodetect screw incorrectly determined. . . and it is made exclusively for manual fikseniya their own bug in the BIOS version 4. 51. I do not say that in fact indicates the recording in the buffer may be crap, which is a problem even in this case, not Fixed.

If we use this kind of method, not 3, and 5 function. . . really I do not know how it will work (if at all) on modern mums.

use the Ontrack Disk Manager for Quantum.

18.12.2001 18:38:00
Thank you. But it does not seem to zero in the way it turned out. Screw suddenly came to life and to a screeching saw Doce. I interrupted him and began to format. Attempts to restore bedov sploshnyakom go - here it is obvious and dug the dog.
18.12.2001 23:08:00

the future - if killed zero road - recovery is possible by transferring the first zero dogogi. . . second, and so on. d.
We do this in the Rostov complex PC-3000Pro
19.12.2001 3:41:00
Here we have a similar problem - the screw Seagate old 3 gigs in the BIOS may Detective (do not remember exactly) but the format may not be possible crashes and can not be made to update ft fdiskom Do not know it but I assume that the problem is in the path - what to do to return screw?
19.12.2001 9:27:00
quote:
:
here we have a similar problem - the screw Seagate old 3 gigs in the BIOS may Detective (do not remember exactly) but the format may not be possible crashes and can not be made to update ft fdiskom Do not know it but I suppose that a problem on the track - how to be a return to the screw?

in fact the problem is not entirely clear, but try to annihilate the BOOT sector (if diskedit on a physical level sees something).
if not, it sometimes helps to format or protest from under linux
19.12.2001 13:42:00
A website Seagate diagnostic tools, which in Vol. H. Does not have remap tracks? 3 years ago it was like. . .
15.10.2003 12:10:00

the future - if killed zero road - recovery is possible by transferring the first zero dogogi. . . second, and so on. d. We do this in the Rostov complex PC-3000Pro

What does "transfer tracks"? Could you explain? I was particularly interested in the term "transfer". What you describe, in general, it is done with the PC3000 or not?
15.10.2003 12:43:00
quote:
:
What does "transfer tracks"? Could you explain? I was particularly interested in the term "transfer". What you describe, in general, it is done with the PC3000 or not?
He was referring to hide defects in the user area, in this case - in the initial LBA (but it does not matter where the defects are located). Tucked they pass the defective area, so the logical addressing as it were "transferred" to a new location.
PS. And to the original topic of lct it has nothing to do, there was a common problem with the TDA5247 .
15.10.2003 13:52:00

Thank you!
Pages: 1
HDD, SSDForum → Damaged road at zero screw - recovery is possible?

Damaged road at zero screw - recovery is possible?